You might be asking yourself what are Togarashi Mixed Nuts? Let’s start with Togarashi, it is a seasoning that includes red chili pepper, orange peel, sesame seeds, Japanese pepper, ginger, and seaweed. The flavor combo of this seasoning is incredible and pairs perfectly with mixed nuts.
I thought about adding this flavor after I was introduced to a new company in Boise. This might surprise you but it is a cricket seasoning company called Orchestra Provisions. I was fascinated to learn more about the seasonings and how they had a ton of protein in each Tablespoon. I personally think it is a great way to include some protein without always using meat products. This is the way of the future and a great way to be a bit more eco-conscience.
Back to the recipe….
Anyway, let us get back to the ingredients and how you can make these scrumptious mixed nuts. I personally am always looking for fun ways to make my own nuts instead of buying them from the grocery store pre-made. It allows me to choose my oil, seasonings, and what goes into my mix, which you should be doing as well. It really does make a difference, so choose wisely.
In this blog post only, there is a little extended offering for anyone that is interested in trying Orchestra Provisions. There are so many different seasonings and sizes to choose from. You can use CODE : BUGLOVE to get 10% off your order. Just click on the code and you will be sent to pick out the items of your liking! Cheers friends, hope you enjoy!
Stepping off my soapbox and moving towards what was put into these nuts to make them so incredible.
Mixed Nut Ingredients
- 3 cups mixed nuts. I used 1 cup each sliced raw almonds, raw cashews & raw pecans.
- 2 tsp Orchestra Provisions Togarashi.
- 1 Tb Organic Bourbon Maple Syrup.
- 2 Tb Avocado Oil.
- Place oil, maple syrup & seasoning in a medium bowl and whisk. Add the nuts and toss until evenly coated. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake at 300 F for 10 min. Remove nuts and flip, or just toss them to try and get the other side baked. Bake for another 10 min and allow to cool completely on a baking sheet before storing in a glass container.
- These nuts are crisp and have a subtle sweetness with the spice. If you don’t want the added protein from the cricket seasoning, you can always just use regular Togarashi spices. Here is one that I found and would recommend Organic Togarashi spice.
Togarashi Mixed Nuts
Togarashi Mixed Nuts Ingredients
- 3 cups Mixed Nuts I used 1 cup each ( sliced raw almonds, raw cashews, raw pecans)
- 2 tsp Togarashi Seasoning I used Orchestra Provisions
- 1 Tbsp Organic Bourbon Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
Togarashi Mixed Nuts Instructions
- Place oil, maple syrup & seasoning in a medium bowl and whisk. Add the nuts and toss until evenly coated. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake at 300 F for 10 min. Remove nuts and flip, or just toss them to try and get the other side baked. Bake for another 10 min and then allow them to cool completely on a baking sheet before storing in a glass container. These nuts are crisp and have a subtle sweetness with the spice. If you don’t want the added protein from the cricket seasoning, you can always just use regular Togarashi spices. Here is one that I found and would recommend Organic Togarashi spice.
I hope that you have enjoyed reading about and learning how to make these scrumptious nuts. They have become some of my favorites and I think you might love them too!
Here are a couple other posts that you can go check out and see if there is anything more you’d like to make & place on your plate.
Healthy Grocery Option
I love to find great deals on healthy ingredients which is why I recently signed up for Thrive Market. It’s been a game-changer during this time of not wanting to frequent the grocery stores. Thrive gives you the option to shop from the comfort of your own home & get the items you love. I have seen such great deals on healthy products that I use regularly.
Interested in giving Thrive a try here is a 25% off coupon to get started! Enjoy! Let me know if you have any issues or questions!