I have a handful of favorite foods and tomato, coconut, and curry are for sure a couple on the list. This Smoked Tomato Coconut Curry Soup is so simple yet it will knock your socks off! Simple ingredients coming together to make a rich soup bursting with flavor and creaminess.
I absolutely love tomatoes, especially vipe ripe tomatoes in the middle of summer. Its like they soaked in the flavors of the summer and the hot sun, there is nothing like it! I created this soup using the last bit of my summer tomatoes from my garden, but this can be made anytime of year using organic store bought. For instance, when a craving hits for something this good you sometimes have to find a way to make it. I also highly recommend making extra during the summer so that you can freeze some jars of soup and enjoy the taste of summer in the cold winter! The warming curry seasoning really adds a complexity to the smoked tomatoes, it really is an incredible pairing.
- 3 lbs tomatoes sliced in half ( I used 3/4 yellow tomatoes and 1/4 red for a splash of color)
- 2 small onions diced
- Organic full fat coconut milk 1 can ( I used Thai Kitchen )
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tb Curry
- Couple Cracks Sea Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( I used Spectrum )
- Optional**** Basil to garnish
- Heat Traeger to 300 degrees and place tomatoes, diced onions & garlic tossed together on baking sheet line with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil , couple cracks black pepper and sea salt. Place on grill and roast for 35 min.
- Take tomatoes off and place in the Instapot with coconut milk and curry, stirring to get everything combined. Place on slow cook for 6-8 hours, opening half way and stirring to make sure bottom isn’t burning. After that, pour soup into blend-tec and blend until smooth. Using the finest strainer you have, pour soup through to take the skin pieces out and leaving an event textured creaminess behind. Top the Smoked Soup with basil and enjoy.
Smoked Tomato Coconut Curry Soup
- Instapot / Crock Pot
- Blender / Blend-tec
Smoked Tomato Coconut Curry Soup Ingredients
- 3 Lbs Tomatoes 3/4 yellow , 1/4 red
- 2 small Onions diced
- 1 can Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 Tb Curry
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Basil For garnish
Smoked Tomato Coconut Curry Soup Directions
- Heat Traeger to 300 degrees and place tomatoes on a baking sheet line with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil , couple cracks black pepper and sea salt. Place on grill and roast for 35 min.Take tomatoes off and place in the Instapot with all remaining ingredients, stirring to get everything combined. Place on slow cook for 6-8 hours, opening half way and stirring to make sure bottom isn't burning. Pour soup into blend-tec and blend until smooth. Using the finest strainer you have, pour soup through to take the skin pieces out and leaving an event textured creaminess behind. Top with basil and enjoy.
If you are interested in getting a Traeger I have linked the website below. I absolutely love mine and have used it for more than just smoking meats. I’d love to answer any questions or concerns you have so feel free to reach out! The smoker has become the place for me to grill, bake and just infuse the smoky flavor to any food. It is so versatile and can be used for meats, veggies, pastries and cakes! Pretty much if you can create it, it can smoke it!
Click the grill below to go check out the grills that could be yours!
For more of my recipes, be sure to check some of my other food posts below.
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter or website to receive all new recipes and travel posts.