Oh my goodness I had been craving strawberry shortcake but wanted something lighter and filled with more flavor. Enter these insanely delicious puff pastries with lemon cream and berries! These came out so wonderfully and packed with fresh flavors waiting for you to enjoy in every bite. These will be the perfect treat for you to make all summer long. The light and airy puff pastry & whipped lemon curd that has become my personal favorite combo! I love being able to head down to my local farmers’ market and pick up fresh seasonal berries. There is nothing better than ripe, in-season berries, in my personal opinion.Jump to Recipe
I created a full reel to show you exactly how I made these bites of deliciousness. A step-by-step process to have you be able to enjoy these all summer long. Find the full reel HERE, or tap on the photo below which will take you to my Instagram. If we aren’t friends on Instagram already, let’s change that today. I would love to have you be a part of my community.
Are you ready to learn how to make these insanely delicious puff pastries with lemon cream and berries?
I think it is time to get to the recipe so that you too can have this on your plate. I will warn you, that once you try these puff pastry bites, you might never be able to stop. The whipped lemon curd cream is so light yet filled with a pop of flavor that pairs perfectly with the berries.
Puff Pastry Instructions
I personally love buying my puff pastry from Pepperidge Farms. They have easy-to-use puff pastry options that are in the freezer section of your local grocery store. You set the puff pastry dough out to defrost before using and then you just slice and go. I used a circular cookie cutter to make perfect bite-size portions. I will link the items I used at the bottom of this blog post so that you can find them.
I follow the directions exactly on the box for defrosting, baking, and using the pastry dough. I recommend you do the same.
For this recipe, I floured the surface, laid out the dough, and then used the circle cookie cutter to create the identical bite-size puff pastries. I then placed parchment paper on the sheet pan, if you haven’t used parchment paper, I highly recommend you start. This just allows for things to not stick to the pan and creates easy clean-up. Brush each piece with egg wash, just on the top side of the puff pastry dough.
Per the Puff Pastry box –
Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until easy to handle. Heat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shape and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastries are golden brown. Let pastries cool on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- Flour to dust your working surface
- knife to cut or cookie cutter of choice
- Parchment paper
- Sheet pan
Whipped Lemon Cream
Are you ready for what might become your favorite new filling? I’m telling you, this whipped cream with lemon curd is outrageously good. It is so creamy yet packs that punch of flavor that makes your mouth water. I have found the lemon curd from Trader Joe’s to be the best to keep this recipe simple and easy to follow. It has pretty ingredients and is available most of the year.
I use my kitchen aid to whip my heavy whipping cream but you could use a hand mixer or whisk by hand. I pour my heavy cream into the kitchen-aid and whip on high until peaks form. I then measure out the lemon curd and fold it into the whipped cream. Keep folding until evenly combined.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
Picking the Berries To Include
I personally picked the blueberries and strawberries to go with the fourth of July theme but honestly, any berry would work. Berries are in season and literally ripe for the picking so grab some and give them a try. Who knows, you might find your own personal favorite. I think stewed cherries or cherries cooked with brandy could also be amazing in this recipe.
Insanely Delicious Puff Pastries with Lemon Cream and Berries
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- Flour to cover counter
- 1 Egg
Whipped Lemon Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Lemon Curd
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Puff Pastry Instructions
- Per the box –Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until easy to handle. Heat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shape and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastries are golden brown. Let pastries cool on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Whipped Lemon Curd Cream
- Place the cup of heavy whipping cream into a kitchen-aid mixer or a bowl and use a hand mixer to whip. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Remove the bowl from the mixer and set it aside. Scoop 1/2 cup lemon curd into a cup and add to the whipped cream. Gently fold the lemon curd into the whipped cream. Only mix until evenly combined.
- Wash your berries and set them aside. You will want to slice the strawberries right before using them so they don't release their juice beforehand.
Constructing the Puff Pastries
- Once the puff pastries have cooled. Slice them in half and prepare to add the whipped lemon curd to both sides of the pastry. On one side you will put a good dollop and on the other side just a small amount to help the top stick to the berries. Then place the blueberries in the whipped lemon cream on the bottom puff pastry and follow with the sliced strawberries. Place the top puff pastry on the strawberries and press down slightly. Now Enjoy!