Have you had an Italian Grinder before? I have to admit I hadn’t tried one until I stumbled upon this irresistibly loaded Italian grinder sandwich recipe. It has been going viral on tik-tok for months and I couldn’t resist any longer. I am usually not one to fall into the viral recipe trap. That being said, when I saw this epic sandwich I knew I had to make it. I don’t know about you but I absolutely love my sandwiches fully loaded with all the ingredients and flavors. This sandwich literally has everything you could ever crave in every bite. I could go on and on about this sandwich but let’s get to the ingredients so you too can have it on your plate!
Let’s get to the details to get this Italian Grinder on your plate!
I don’t know if I even have the words to do this sandwich justice. It is stuffed with incredible ingredients that make your mouth water just by looking at them.
The recipe was originally shared by 29-year-old TikTok creator Gray Fultz, but it was actually invented by her boyfriend, Josh Wright, who used to own a restaurant in Virginia where he made the sandwich for his customers.
This sandwich honestly might be a summer favorite. It’s simple to make & packs so much good stuff to keep you full for hours!
Italian Grinder Sandwich
I made a couple of changes to the original recipe to create something a bit different and use my personal favorite ingredients as well.
– Everything Ciabatta Rolls
– Mixed Italian Meats (salami, capocollo, prosciutto)
– Havarti Cheese
– Beefsteak or heirloom tomato
Italian Grinder Slaw
– 1/2 cup Mayo, I used black truffle Mayo by Truff
– 1/2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
– 1 tsp Oregano
– 1/2 tsp Salt
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning, I used Herbs De Provence
– 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1/3 cup peperoncini peppers
– 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
– 3-4 cups iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
How To Make The Irresistibly Loaded Italian Grinder Sandwich
Start by preheating the oven to 400.
Add all grinder slaw ingredients to a bowl and mix until evenly coated. Set aside.
Slice your rolls in half and place them on a baking sheet and toast in the oven just until lightly toasted.
Add Havarti cheese to both sides of the roll. Then start layering your meats. I kept mine strictly Italian meats but the original recipes have Turkey in them as well. You decide which meats you want to include, you can’t go wrong. Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted and the meat is hot.
Remove from oven and scoop grinder slaw to each roll, give it a good helping. Then place the top of the ciabatta roll back on and you are ready to enjoy!
Irrestistibly Loaded Italian Grinder Sandwich
Italian Grinder Ingredients
- 2 Everything Ciabatta Rolls Trader Joe's
- 1 pkg Mixed Italian Meats (salami, capocollo, prosciutto)
- 1 pkg Havarti Cheese
- 1 large Beefsteak or heirloom tomato
Italian Grinder Salad Slaw
- 1/2 cup Mayo I used black truffle mayo by Truff
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning I used Herbs De Provence
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/3 cup peperoncini peppers
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3-4 cups Iceberg Lettuce, thinly sliced
- Start by preheating oven to 400.Add all grinder slaw ingredients to a bowl and mix until evenly coated. Set aside.Slice your rolls in half and place them on a baking sheet and toast in oven just until lightly toasted.Add havarti cheese to both sides of the roll. Then start layering your meats. I kept mine strictly Italian meats but the original recipes have Turkey in them as well. You decide which meats you want to include, you can’t go wrong. Place back in the oven until cheese is melted and meat is hot.Remove from oven and scoop grinder slaw to each roll & place top of the ciabatta roll on & ENJOY!
I can’t wait to hear how you like this Irresistibly Loaded Italian Grinder Sandwich. Be sure to comment below or send me a message to let me know when you give it a try and what you thought of it. I love hearing from you and getting feedback so please reach out!