Are you ready for what might be the best salad you’ve ever tasted? If you are like me and your garden is overflowing with cucumber, this epic Thai cucumber summer salad is your solution! I don’t know why it has taken me this long to think of this combo. Oh, well! Here it is and be sure to make this asap to have enough time to make it a time or two before cucumbers are out of growing season.
This salad is a play on Som Tum the Thai green papaya salad. I used a lot of the same ingredients but instead of green papaya, I used cucumber since my garden is overflowing with them. I was so surprised by how similar the taste is and how simple it was to make it.
Be ready for the freshest, tastiest bites! Packed with every flavor and texture you could ever imagine. I think this epic Thai cucumber summer salad will be on the menu often.
Thai Cucumber Summer Salad Ingredients
– peel cucumber & using a julienne peeler cut your cucumber into the skinny strips
– 1/2 bag match stick carrots
– 1 bag haricot verts (small green beans)
– 4 medium tomatoes diced
– 3 Tbsp each Thai basil & mint minced
– large handful of Thai cashews, crumbled
– sprinkle a good amount of flaked sea salt over the salad
– 2 Tbsp sesame oil
– 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
– 1 tsp coconut sugar
– 1/2 tsp chili paste
– Juice of 2 limes
– 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
– 1 tsp fish sauce (optional but highly recommend)
Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender or whisk until combined. Pour over salad and toss. Allow the Thai cucumber salad to rest for a couple of minutes and then toss again.
I paired mine with a sesame ginger salmon that I cooked on the bbq getting that perfectly crisp skin. It would pair well with just about anything or be eaten as the main course.
I can’t wait for you to try this incredible Thai Salad!
Epic Thai Cucumber Summer Salad
Thai Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 bag match stick carrots
- 1 bag haricot verts
- 4 medium tomatoes diced
- 3 Tbsp Thai Basil & Mint Minced
- 1 large handful Thai Cashews crushed
- 1 sprinkle Flaked Sea Salt
- 2 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chili Paste
- 2 Limes juiced
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce optional** but highly recommend
- Place all salad ingredients together in a bowl. You can stack them or just throw them together, totally up to you and the esthetic of your salad. Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender or whisk until combined. Pour over salad and toss. Allow the Thai cucumber salad to rest for a couple of minutes and then toss again.