It’s no secret that Decadent Chocolate Raspberry Macaroons are one of my favorites! There is something so wonderful about macaroons & combining coconut, raspberry, and dark chocolate all in one bite. A super simple recipe that can be whipped up just as fast as these Macaroons can be eaten! I tend to keep them stored in the fridge to ensure the chocolate doesn’t melt and it keeps the macaroons moist.
I made these for National Macaroon Day and they were a hit! The ripe raspberries add a hint of freshness to the creamy coconut and the decadent chocolate drizzle. These chocolate raspberry macaroons look gourmet but like I said they are pretty easy to whip up. They wow your guests without spending the whole day in the kitchen. To really utilize the full flavor of the raspberries its a must to pick them at the peak of their season. The ripe raspberries pretty much fall apart full of juice as you are placing them into this recipe. I look forward to berry season every year.
In Season Raspberries
I currently live in Idaho so I wanted to add a link to Idaho U-Pick. This website allows you to find local farms that allow you to go and pick in-season, ripe fruit. It also gives you information about festivals going on in the area as well to showcase the produce. Sorry for all the people not from Idaho, I know this doesn’t help you out. I would encourage you to look up and see if you can find local resources in your home city.
I’m a true believer in using the highest quality ingredients that you can find & also supporting locals. Let us get back to our roots, know our neighbors and buy food that is grown in our own cities or States. Why not make sure those farmers in our own cities are thriving with business and able to tell their community appreciates them.
I challenge you this week to go to your local farmers’ market and buy from the local vendors. Maybe even go as far as introducing yourself and getting to know who they are a bit more. I have taken my time to get to know local farmers, the grocery store butchers, wineries, etc. Then you know where to go and who to ask for the in-season produce, the best cuts of meat for a recipe & what to pair food with, etc. That is my challenge for you today my friends, support locals and start to get to know your neighbors!
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Macaroons
- Cookie Scooper
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 handful Organic Raspberries
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Egg Whites and Maple Syrup in a bowl, whisk, or use a kitchenaid mixer until frothy, and thick. Add coconut and mix until combined. Remove from mixer, you will want to carefully pull raspberries apart to form smaller sections. Add to the coconut mix and softly fold in, you want to mix without crushing the raspberries.
- Using a small spoon or small cookie sheet , scoop mixture onto baking sheet. Place in oven for 20-22 minutes. I always recommend placing a timer a couple minutes short to double check in case your oven runs hot.
- Once Macaroons are done, remove from oven and allow to cool completely on baking sheet. In a sauce pan place coconut oil, and dark chocolate until melted. Using a small spoon dip into the chocolate and then drizzle over each macaroon.
Be sure to follow @sproutingvitality on Instagram and tag #sproutingvitality in your food posts! I absolutely love seeing the food pictures and hearing from you!