Are you someone that loves finding new ways to make old favorites? Have you gotten on board with switching your rice and pasta out for cauliflower? Well, I have, and let me just say I am loving the switch and especially this Cauliflower Couscous Recipe.
This delicious salad has become a staple in my home. I like to have it on hand as an easy lunch, or to spruce up a bed of greens. The flavors really compliment each other and make it a salad I crave. This Cauliflower CousCous is super light but packs a big punch of superfoods. I highly recommend making it and seeing what your taste buds think of it.
Cauliflower Couscous Recipe
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower or 2 bags Trader Joe’s Fresh Cauliflower Rice
- 3 Tb Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 Tb chopped unsweetened Dried Cherries
- 1 Tb minced Basil
- 1 Tb minced Cilantro
- 4 Green Onions finely sliced
- Zest & juice of 1 Lemon
- Cracked Black Pepper & Sea Salt
Cauli CousCous Prep
- Place Avocado Oil and garlic in pan on medium heat and saute until aromatic. Add Cauliflower to the pan and saute for 10 minutes until fully cooked, remove from heat & place in bowl. Add chopped cherries, minced herbs & sliced green onions. Toss ingredients and finish with zest of lemon, the lemon juice and crack salt & pepper. Toss one more time & allow to sit for 10-20 minutes to really allow the flavors to mingle.
This CousCous is one of my favorites to make as a side or even place it on a bed of arugula as a green salad. The flavors just come together so well and really make this CousCous delicious and filling.
Be sure to follow @sproutingvitality on Instagram and tag #sproutingvitality in your food posts! I absolutely love seeing the food pictures and hearing from you!
- 1 Head Large Cauliflower or 2 bags TJ's Fresh Riced Cauliflower
- 3 Tb Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3 Tb Unsweetened Dried Cherries
- 1 Tb Minced Basil
- 1 Tb Minced Cilantro
- 4 pieces Green Onions (finely sliced)
- 1 Lemon ( using zest & juice)
- 1 Cracked Black Pepper & Sea Salt
Cauliflower CousCous Prep
- Place Avocado Oil & garlic in pan on medium heat and saute until aromatic.
- Add cauliflower to the pan and saute for 10 minutes until fully cooked, remove from heat & place in bowl.
- Add chopped cherries, minced herbs & sliced green onions & toss all together to incorporate into CousCous.
- Add zest & juice of lemon. cracked black pepper and sea salt and toss all ingredients again to make sure everything is mixed in.
- Allow CousCous to sit for 10-20 minutes to have the flavors start to mingle together and the flavors merge.