Spring has sprung and I am here to help you know the best things to do in Boise. Being a local, well, I consider myself a local after six years of living here. I know that isn’t super long but I have traveled and explored this state extensively. I live in downtown Boise and love this city so much! There is so much to do and I can’t wait to give you all the details! I absolutely love to eat and drink, so I included some of my favorite spots. I also love a great patio so I gave you some of my favorites to sit and people-watch from. Things to do in and around the city as well as some day trip ideas! I believe I covered all the bases for the best spring things to do in Bases. If there is something I left out, please let me know in the comments & I would be happy to add it.
This list is just a fun compilation of some of my favorite things to do. In no way am I saying this is the end-all, be-all spring list to Boise. There definitely are things that I missed and will continue to add as I experience them!
I love to create content & share a ton on Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest. If we aren’t friends over on these platforms, let’s change that today!
I created a full Spring Bucket List Reel HERE, showcasing one of my favorite spots in the Boise Foothills with Tobi & Fin. Be sure to check it out for your spring planning and adventures.
Why I Love Spring In Boise
Boise is absolutely beautiful during the spring. With it being the city of trees, I can’t tell you how gorgeous the streets are when the trees are in full bloom. The smell and floral aroma that fills the air is like nothing you have ever smelled before. Literally smells like a floral perfume as you walk the streets of Boise. The foothills turn green as the snow melts and the wildflowers start peaking through the grass. I might be biased but I honestly think Boise is one of the most beautiful cities to be in during spring. If you haven’t experienced it, I hope you plan a trip and see for yourself what makes this little city so special.
What’s The Weather Like In Boise During Spring?
Boise is pretty mild during the spring. With that being said, we kind of rock back into winter and fast forward into summer on some days. The temperatures can stay steady around 50-60’s. When the winter weather shows back up it’s usually in the 40s. The summer surprise days can tease us with warm temperatures in the 70-80s range. What can I say, it’s a bit of a toss-up with Idaho weather at times. Spring can bring a fair amount of rain in Boise which we love for the green grass and keeping fires at bay. I have included indoor and outdoor activities that can be enjoyed by all. Let me know if I missed anything you think should be on my list! I always love hearing from you so don’t hesitate to reach out.
Things To Do In Boise
Here is a list of fun things to do in and around Boise. I included as many activities as I could to help you know where to go and what to enjoy.
- Play golf at one of the many golf courses like Warm Springs, Crane Creek, or Quail Hollow
- Grab some friends and go have some fun at Top Golf
- Walk, and ride bikes on the Boise Greenbelt or Idaho Falls Snake River Greenbelt.
- Stroll the streets downtown Boise for First Thursday
- Gaze at the amazing art in freak alley gallery
- Grab a coffee or tea & swing under the pink tree at Cherie Buckner-Webb Park
- See the baby birds at World Center Birds of Prey
- Visit all the baby animals at the Boise Zoo
- Attend Tree Fort Music Festival
- Check out the Boise Farmers Market and/or Capital City Market
- Grab some new plants from Edwards Greenhouse, Northend Organics, or some good freshly grown food from Dry Creek Growers, Fergs Fabulous Fungi
- Build a garden and get planting plans from Front Yard Fresh and/or Gold Feather Gardens
- Drive down Harris Hollow and see all the trees blooming.
Food and Drinks To Enjoy In Boise
I love good food and drinks! There is nothing better than enjoying some amazing food and drinks on a beautiful spring day. Here are some of my favorite places to go in and around Boise.
- Go on a wine-tasting tour in the Sunny Slope Wine Trail
- Check out all of the amazing breweries in Idaho, here is the Idaho Brewery Trail Map.
- Grab ice cream at The STIL, Stella’s, Goodys, or cloverleaf creamery.
- Enjoy an incredible patio at Ocho’s, Rembrandts, Apericena, KIN, Alyonkas, Barbacoa, Cloud 9 Brewery, Payette Brewery, Bar Gernika, Bardenay, Western Collective.
- Sign up for a CSA share, source locally, or buy idaho preferred.
- Eat fresh spring food at a local farm like peaceful belly, McIntyre pastures.
- Grab items to go from Roosevelt Market, ATavola, Boise Co-op and go enjoy a meal by the river, park or post hike.
- Check out some of our local food trucks like Eat Kismet & Crisp. , Calle 75 Tacos , Off the grid pizza
Get Out and Explore In Boise
This might be one of my favorite sections! There is nothing I love more than getting outside and enjoying the great outdoors. Idaho offers so much to do, see, and explore. Be sure to add these to your next trip!
- Take a day trip to Idaho City, Stanley, Sun Valley, Twin Falls, Brunea Sand Dunes, City of Rocks, Craters of the moon, Bogus Basin, Shoshone Falls, McCall.
- Go on a lake cruise on Payette, or hop on a boat at Lucky Peak.
- Walk in the North-end, Hyde park & camels back park.
- Go hiking in the foothills or check the trails on Ridge to Ridges, and hike Table Rock for Sunrise or Sunset.
- Check out one of the many nearby State parks.
- Chase waterfalls in Twin Falls.
- Pack a picnic and go find epic wildflowers that start filling in the foothills.
- Rent a scooter or jump on a Lime and go explore your little city.
- Go soak in a pay-to-soak hot spring. The Springs, Miracle Hot Spring , Burgdorf Hot Spring
That’s a wrap on all the fun things, so get outside and go enjoy! Please reach out if you go and enjoy one of these things on the list! I would love to hear about your adventure, write a comment on here or send me a message. Cheers to good weather and Spring finally being here.