I am here to share with you the all-natural skincare that actually works. No more searching for items that shout from the rooftops that they work only to flop when you use them. No more wondering what ingredients are in your skincare and if they are nontoxic, all-natural, or none of the above. Let’s get to the good stuff & have you loving your skincare as much as it loves your skin.
If you follow me on Instagram You know that I have been talking about all things all-natural skincare all weekend. That is because my favorite and the OG of my skincare routine is on sale right now! It happens once a year and this year it is at a whopping 20% off using code: Sproutingvitality20 at checkout!
Before we get started…..
If you’re really wanting to find an all-natural, skincare routine, I highly recommend taking this quiz! The quiz asks you a series of questions to understand your current skin state. It then recommends the products best suited for you and a skincare ritual as well. There is the option for basic, essential, and the works. This allows you to tailor the products you are wanting and can afford.
Want to know the best thing about taking the skin quiz other than a tailored skincare routine? It also gives you a discount on the bundles, What?! Yep! You heard me correctly. It gives you an added bonus discount for taking the quiz and getting the exact skincare routine for you. How GREAT is that? Ok, ok, I can’t ramble on about this one quiz all day, hahaha. But seriously this is where I would recommend you start so that you have the EXACT products your** skin needs.
Let me show you my personal Pure-Scription so you can have an idea of what your’s would look like.
Step 1: Cleanse
- Cleansing Oil: Specifically formulated to detoxify the skin and dissolve impurities without over-drying so that you’re left with a complexion that feels soft, clean and balanced.
Skin Tip: Cleansing 1x/day before bed is all you need! If you need more refresh first thing in the morning (or after a sweat session), use the Baby Bar for a gentle cleanse.
Step 2: Tone
- Everything Spray: Pour onto an organic cotton round and sweep across your skin to help calm redness, detoxify skin and balance pH levels with healing enzymes + anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- Skin Specific Mists: Spritz these botanical hydrosols onto skin replenish the skin’s protective barrier and prep skin to deeply absorb moisturizer.
Skin Tip: Rotate all three Skin Specific Mists into your regimen depending on the time of day, season or current skin needs.
Step 3: Treat
- 3 Skin Specific Serums (Plumping, Clarifying, Soothing): Massage into damp skin morning + night to promote a youthful appearance, prevent signs of aging and deeply nourish to support vibrant, balanced skin.
Step 4: Hydrate
- Skin Specific Cream: Apply a light layer (if needed!) to boost moisture, balance skin and deliver a potent dose of antioxidants – all without clogging pores.
Skin Tip: You can skip the morning moisturizer, but before bed, apply a light layer of Skin Specific Cream over your serum to deeply absorb the skin-loving benefits while you sleep. Zzzzz…
Bonus: Double Cleanse + Multi-Mask
- Double Cleanse: This 2-step technique (Cleansing Oil + Skin Specific Bar) purifies oil-rich skin while leaving it properly hydrated to create a clear, balanced complexion.
- Mask Trio: Gently sweep away dead/dull surface cells, refine skin texture and support combination skin needs all at the same time. Multi-mask and relax to reveal visibly brighter skin.
Daily Skincare Ritual
- Splash skin with water + pat dry
- Apply Everything Spray and/or spritz Skin Specific Mist
- Massage Skin Specific Serum into damp skin
- Oil Cleanse
- Apply Everything Spray and/or spritz Skin Specific Mist
- Massage Skin Specific Serum into damp skin
- Apply light layer of Skin Specific Cream (if needed!)
- Double Cleanse as the first step in your PM routine 3-4x/week
- Multi-mask with the Mask Trio after cleansing 1-3x/week
Let’s Chat Skincare Tools
I have to admit that these skincare tools have become some of my favorites. I never thought that I would love these tools so much but I really do. They have become part of my daily routine and I seriously look forward to using them.
Facial Gua Sha is an ancient healing technique within Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that visibly rejuvenates the skin through light pulling + lifting massage motions using a smooth gemstone tool.
Our Gua Sha Stone works with the skin to support and optimize the body’s own reparative functions by promoting lymphatic drainage, calming the nervous system, relieving muscle tension + tightness, clearing congestion + buildup, and increasing the flow of oxygen and vital nutrients to the skin.
- The results are felt immediately and include detoxifying, depuffing, softening fine lines + wrinkles, sculpting facial muscles, brightening skin tone, releasing tension and improving the overall health of the skin.
- Combining a healthy lifestyle and a consistent use of a Facial Gua Sha Stone creates significant and long-term transformation in the skin and overall sense of wellness.
This wellness ritual has its origins in Ayurveda and has been practiced for centuries in cultures all across the world. Facial dry brushing has a long-standing list of beauty benefits including increased circulation, smooth + exfoliated skin, detoxification through lymphatic drainage, and improved appearance of the skin.
- Incorporate facial dry brushing daily after oil cleansing in your evening skincare routine or as the first step in your morning skincare routine to awaken and invigorate skin.
- Starting at the neck, brush with light downward strokes to stimulate lymphatic drainage. Work your way up the face with short, soft strokes moving from the center to your hairline. Spend a little extra time wherever you experience congestion, puffiness, or buildup. Finish with long upward strokes from the neck up the face. Always use light pressure – the point isn’t to scrub off your skin, but to gently, effectively get blood and lymphatic fluid moving.
The simple practice of dry brushing is proven to boost beauty + wellness throughout the body. It has a long-standing list of beauty benefits including increased circulation, smooth + exfoliated skin, detoxification through lymphatic drainage, and improved appearance of the skin.
Our Dry Brush handle is made from sustainable bamboo wood and boar bristles.
Here’s how to dry brush in 4 easy steps!
- Before showering, begin at your feet and brush upwards with gentle, short strokes – always towards your heart.
- Brush in a counterclockwise direction over your belly (this helps to improve digestion!) and then brush from your hands to your heart.
- To finish, brush down toward your underarms to help flush out toxins + improve lymph drainage. Always use light pressure – the point isn’t to scrub off your skin, but to gently, effectively get blood + lymphatic fluid moving.
- After showering, apply body oil + enjoy your skin’s glow and your new found energy.
Ridged Facial Rollers create healthy skin holistically by stimulating lymphatic drainage, detoxifying skin tissues, and boosting blood flow to feed the skin from within.
- Green Jade is a naturally cooling stone that calms inflamed skin, encourages circulation, cleanses skin tissues. Minimizing puffiness and strengthens the delicate skin barrier to promote a balanced complexion.
- This stone is known to help promote understanding and openness by unblocking stagnant energy and emotions. It’s believed to help calm the nervous system and recenter your sense of wellness. The perfect stone to bring your skin back to a state of balance, holistically.
- Our Gemstone Rollers are crafted from sustainably sourced Green Jade stone. They come packaged in Organic + Fair Trade pouches. Each stone is unique and the colors vary due to the natural diversity of Green Jade.
- Ridged Roller: Apply Soothing Serum and/or Beauty Cream to freshly cleansed skin to provide proper slip. Always start with the neck and move upwards. Using light strokes to stimulate lymphatic flow and circulation. Incorporate more medium pressure to target muscle tension. Help reduce signs of aging + discoloration.
- Rounded Handle: Use this end to stimulate acupressure points along the face to release tension and rejuvenate skin.
- Keep in the fridge/freezer to decrease puffiness, tighten skin, and refresh your complexion.
- We recommend spritzing your Gemstone Roller with our non-toxic Hand Sanitizer.
My Thoughts on All-Natural Skincare
I think there is a lot of hype around the food that we eat and put in our bodies and sometimes forget about the products we are placing on our skin.
“American women put an average of 168 chemicals on their bodies each day, according to a nonprofit group, but two senators say federal regulations on personal care products have barely changed since the 1930s.
According to the Environmental Working Group, women use an average of 12 products a day, containing 168 different chemicals. Men use fewer products, but still put 85 chemicals on their bodies. Teens on average use 17 personal care products a day, according to the group, which tested 20 teens’ blood and urine seven years ago to find out which chemicals from these products were ending up in their bodies. They said they found 16 hormone-altering chemicals, including parabens and phthalates.https://abcnews.go.com/Health/women-put-average-168-chemicals-bodies-day-consumer
These statistics are eye-opening and are the reason I started to check my own products. I use the website EWG.org This website helps you be able to see how your products rank. Green is low in toxins and hormone disruptors and red is the worst. I highly recommend taking some time and starting to look at the products you are placing in and on your body. It is not governed enough in the States and we have to be our own advocates. Do the work to understand what is in your products so you can start decreasing your daily exposure.
It is up to us to vote with our dollars. When we know better, we choose better. When we choose better, businesses have to produce better. I love the sound of that!
I am always here to answer any questions or be of service in any way that I can. Please don’t hesitate to reach out on this platform or on Instagram or via email. I am here to help, my friend.