22 products that I’ve been enjoying in 2020! Some Local, Some Edible, Some Luxury & One Furry!
As we continue to navigate all things in 2020, I thought that it would be a breath of fresh air to write about 22 products I have found, fallen in love with, & possibly have you do the same! Some are things that I have been loving for years and some have only been around for a couple of months.
In this weird and whacky year of 2020, I think we could all use a little bit more love, joy, and things to look forward to. That is my hope for this wonderful yet random list of things. I hope you will fall in love with, look forward to, & enjoy this list and maybe grab a thing or two. I also thought it would be a great list to browse for your holiday gift-giving too!
So without further ado, let us get to the good stuff!
1. CLEAN, NON-TOXIC MAKEUP:
- Ilia Clean Makeup has become my favorite makeup to wear. When I read “We believe in skin that looks like skin—and radiance that comes naturally. With transparency as our guide and color as our vehicle, we challenge the conventions of clean beauty to create something radically new, through safe, potent formulas that protect and revive your skin.” I knew I was dealing with a company that cared about my skin, my health, and the overall well being of the world. I grabbed a couple of their products and I have to say I am hooked. The Super Serum Skin Tint with SPF 40 , True Skin Radiant Priming Serum & Limitless Lash Mascara are hands down my favorites. My makeup now takes me minutes to complete and I find myself putting it on when I don’t even have anywhere to go!
2. MUST-HAVE SKINCARE, DEODORANT, ESSENTIAL OILS, & WELLNESS TOOLS:
- Primally Pure Oh my goodness where do I begin? This powerhouse company is making high-quality products for pretty much everything in your life. I found Primally Pure over two years ago and never looked back. I now use all their skincare products, deodorant in every scent, diffuse their autumn line daily & have incorporated some CBD into my routine. If you have a special man in your life or a bundle of joy baby there are tons of items for both of them too! Trust Me, you want this in your life, on your skin, and in your home!
- I also love a luxurious bath during the chillier nights and their bath salts paired with this bath tray. This tray makes it so easy to watch a movie, sip your favorite beverage & have a candle lit too!
Primally Pure just launched their Limited Edition Holiday Products & they are everything you could ever wish for! They would make incredible gifts for friends and family or maybe a nice present for yourself. Hey, it is 2020 it is ok to gift yourself a little self-care. Use code “SPROUTINGVITALITY” for 15% off.
Check out my blog posts that go over my daily routine & how I use these incredible products!
3. POWERING THROUGH WITH THIS POWERHOUSE PROTEIN POWDER:
- Nuzest Protein Oh. My. Gosh. I had been searching, trying & taste testing all the protein powders to try and find one that I loved. Well, folks, I found it! This pea protein is 100% vegan and free of artificial flavors, colors, and fillings, too. They aren’t kidding when they say their protein will allow you to “perform at your peak every day.”
- High in Essential Amino Acids
- High in Iron
- Builds Muscle Mass
- Heart Health
- Kidney Function
- High in leucine
- Great for Bone Health
4. PURE INGREDIENTS & ETHICALLY SOURCED BEVERAGES :
Quivr. I stumbled upon Quivr while on Instagram one day and knew I needed to give them a try. I was missing coffee shops and wanted something to take with me on hikes, fishing trips, and just enjoy in my own backyard. You can taste the quality ingredients in every refreshing sip of nitro coffee & tea. I have thoroughly enjoyed having this delicious treat to grab any time I am needing a pep in my step or thirst that needs quenching. They offer caffeinated and decaf offerings, coffee & teas, making it so that everyone has something to choose from.
Quivr is a clean cold brew brand that offers truly fresh and additive-free products made with real foods. Quivr is family-owned and operated showcasing a line of true cold nitro coffees, teas, and body scrubs made with only fresh real food ingredients. “We have spent years sourcing and preparing beautiful ingredients from around the world to create products based on real foods without any of the bad stuff. We feel proud to give them to our friends, family, and children.”
They also just launched their coffee and coconut body scrub which I have to admit has been a treat in the shower for me. It smells so good and it gives you that spa like feeling that we are all missing during this time.
Go check out all they have to offer and their cool swag too. For an added bonus you can use “SPROUTINGVITALITY” for 10% off any case of coffee, tea or body scrub.
5. SUPERFOOD HONEY YOU NEED IN YOUR CUP, IN YOUR RECIPES & IN YOUR LIFE:
Hot Eric Where do I begin? Molly is a friend of mine here in Boise & I have fallen in love with all her hot boys. HAHA this might sound odd to you but it is because her superfood honeys are called Hot Eric , Hot Raj & Hot Khoa.
Hot Eric Honey is an enticing electuary—raw honey mixed with spices—enjoyed daily to support a healthy immune system, experience superfood powers, and uplift your heart and mind.
Stir. Eat. Love.
There are so many incredible ways to use this superfood honey and at times the best way to enjoy is to simply lick it off a spoon. Grab a couple hot boys for yourself and get to making this deliciousness.
I highly recommend getting one of these incredible frothers to help you mix your hot eric drinks as well as any other drinks that need a good whisk.
6. DIGESTIBLE SOURDOUGH THAT EVERYONE NEEDS IN THEIR HOME, ON THEIR PLATE & IN THEIR BELLY.
- Bake_her I am a sourdough lover through and through and this digestible sourdough is everything you could ever want and more. Meredith does such an incredible job sourcing high-quality ingredients to bring you every flavor option you could ever want. BONUS*** She ships! So you don’t have to be a Boise local to enjoy this sourdough deliciousness. She offers loaves of bread, hand pies, cakes, and my personal favorite CRUFFINS!!
7. NOT JUST FOR SMOKING MEAT….MY FAVORITE WAY TO BAKE A CAKE, COOK VEGGIES & ADD THAT FLAVOR YOU CAN’T GET ANYWHERE ELSE!
- Traeger I snagged my first Traeger last year and I never looked back. I use my Traeger more than any other cooking appliance during the summer. I don’t know about you but I personally don’t like to turn my oven on during the high temps of summer so my Traeger becomes the perfect place to bake cakes, cookies, brownies, smoke meat, veggies and ingredients for cocktails. Yep, you read that right! I have a blog post or two featuring smoked cocktail made right on my Traeger! If you are looking for a way to add complex flavor, a rich smokiness, or just wanting a new option to grill, I highly recommend checking out all that a Traeger offers. I can’t imagine my life or meals without one.
Here are a couple of my favorite recipes that I have created on my Traeger. Wanted to give you an idea of what you can make when you grab yours!
8. HEALTHY GROCERIES DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR.
- Thrive I have been loving the convenience, the ease and the confidence knowing that I could have healthy groceries show up at my front door. I was able to find ingredients that had been sold out for weeks at my local grocery store. Restock my pantry and make sure I had my supplements replenished to keep my family feeling their best. I also realized that a lot of my favorite products were a better price on Thrive. Check it out and have your groceries at the tip of your fingers and delivered to your front door without having to leave the house.
9. SUPERFOOD MUSHROOMS TO HELP YOU THINK, DEFEND + CHILL……
- Four Sigmatic Are you a mushroom lover? Me too! Before I found Four Sigmatic I had only had them slice and sauteed in a delicious recipe. Little did I know, there were so many other ways and kinds of mushrooms to enjoy.
- Lion’s Mane to help you think and stay focused
- Plant-Powered Protein with “no gums, no fillers, no stevia, no “natural flavors.” Only Mother Nature’s secret stash of superfoods. Packed with 18 g of sustainably sourced plant-based protein, 1000 mg of functional mushrooms, and 500 mg of adaptogens. We’re not even sure how we fit it all in there.”
- Possibly my favorite because I am a big-time cacao lover! I feel a difference in my sleep, mood, and relaxation when I sip on this cacao with reishi.
- Want to learn more and really become a Mushroom Expert? They offer a free Mushroom Academy so that you too can understand all these mushrooms do for your health.
10. WONDERFUL WINES WITHOUT ALL THE ADDITIVES, SUGARS & SULFITES, JUST THE GOOD STUFF IN YOUR GLASS!
- Dry Farm Wines Ever since I lived in Florence, Italy I have loved a good bottle of wine. There is something so magical about pairing wine with food, it just completes the meal. Over the years I have realized that although I usually enjoy the wine during the meal, it doesn’t always agree with me. Disrupted sleep, waking up to a headache, or feeling sluggish the next morning. Have you ever experienced these things or maybe others unique to you? I started to research about wine, how they are made, the ingredients allowed to be added, included and I have to admit, I was shocked. I knew I needed to make a change and I am happy to report I have been loving Dry Farm Wines. Take a look at what Dry Farm Wines are about and what IS and ISN’T included in their wines and you too might decide to make the change!
- Grown Organically/Biodynamically
- Free of Industrial Additives
- Dry Farmed/Irrigation Free
- Fermented with 100% Wild, Native Yeast
- Handcrafted/Small Batch
- Old World International Natural Wines
- Paleo & Keto-Friendly
- Low Carb-Friendly
- Grown From Older Vines
11. PLANT-BASED MEAL SERVICE TO ADD NUTRIENTS, DELICIOUSNESS AND CONVENIENCE.
- Splendid Spoon I started ordering from Splendid spoon at the start of quarantine in March. I wasn’t going to the grocery store as often and my husband was literally taking everything I made for work meals each day. I was needing yummy options for him to grab and supplement his leftovers. They offer incredible smoothies and bowls that are so chocked full of nutrients, flavors and goodness to fill you up and fuel you through the day.
12. DREAMY COFFEE & TEA CUPS, BECAUSE SIPPING OUT OF A MUG SHOULD BE MAGIC:
ZZIEE CERAMICS I grabbed my set of zziee ceramic mugs in March and they have become on rotation on the daily, especially in the cooler months. I don’t know about you but I love warm beverages of every kind during the chilly temps. She makes incredible ceramics of all shapes and sizes, be sure to go check them out and support small businesses.
Double Wall Glass Coffee Cups These were a recent purchase and I am loving the look, feel and the way they keep my beverage warmer longer. I have a weird thing about liking to see what I am drinking. These glass cups make my every wish come true as I can see exactly how much deliciousness I have left in my cup.
13. THE BEST GLASS JARS & THE ONLY ONES YOU WILL EVER NEED:
Wreck Jars I can openly admit that I have become obsessed with the Wreck Jars. There is something so convenient about having them have their own seal and top. Anytime I need them, they are ready to go, waiting to be used and not going to leak along the way. I have used these jars to pickle, to store, to organize items, and make delicious homemade recipes. They are made for anything and everything you could imagine.
14. MY DREAMY, SWEATY, IN HOME SAUNA THAT HAS ME SNEAKING IN A SESSION EVERY SECOND I CAN!
- Sunlighten Sauna I have had my solo sauna for a couple of years now and I can’t think of not having it in my home. It is the perfect size for me to pop in and enjoy a sweat & then pack it up and store it. I can fit it in my car if I am traveling and wanting it to go with & plan to upgrade to a Signature Sauna soon. They have so many different options, sizes, customization, to create the perfect sauna for you! There are so many reasons to use a sunlighten sauna, let me share a few with you now!
SUNLIGHTEN SAUNA BENEFITS
Sunlighten saunas, with the deepest infrared penetration, can help increase blood flow and perspiration. Sweating is one of the body’s safest and most natural ways to heal and maintain good health by helping to eliminate toxic heavy metals, drug residues and hormone disruptors.
Heating the body from inside can improve the function of the immune system just like fever can. Therefore, regular Sunlighten sauna use can help reduce the incidences of cold and flu, or even help you recover faster.
Infrared therapy can increase blood flow and reduce inflammation10,8. Sunlighten infrared saunas can best penetrate tissues to relieve aches and pain. Far-infrared sauna therapy has been shown to help with pain from fibromyalgia and autoimmune conditions, such as Sjogren’s, Behcet’s, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Our specific near-infrared wavelength stimulates sluggish metabolism and improved fat burning for energy. Increasing core body heat can increase calorie burn, similar to exercise. Infrared saunas also help with the elimination of toxins that cause fat storage.
Enjoy the euphoria and relaxation from endorphin release, just like after exercising, sweating, or even meditating in the gentle radiant heat. The therapeutic heat will leave you refreshed providing relaxation to calm your mind.
Heat-shock responses are like exercises that help your body function as new. In addition, stimulating your metabolism with our near-infrared spectrum can improve skin renewal and slow down aging.
15. GETTING SERIOUSLY GOOD SLEEP OVER HERE! THE ONLY PILLOW YOU WILL EVER NEED:
COOP Pillow Do you have a favorite pillow? I used to and then I realized that years had gone by and I was still using the same pillow. Noticing myself waking up more in the night and waking up with a kinked neck too. I knew it was time to upgrade to something better and had heard such great things about this Coop Pillow. Well, I am here to tell you that I too am now a raving fan. I bought the queen size pillow and have been sleeping much better ever since it arrived. There is also a King pillow, Body Pillow, Toddler Pillow & Travel/Camping Pillow.
16. READING ALL THE BOOKS & FINDING SO MANY FAVORITES!
I have been reading so much since being at home and having nowhere to go. I have some favorites that have shifted my mindset and just been a blessing to have, to hold and to read this year!
- Vibrate Higher Daily: Live Your Power
- The Enneagram & You: Understand Your Personality Type and How It Can Transform Your Relationships
- The Hate U Give
- The Four agreements
- Life-changing magic of tidying up
17. GETTING RID OF PLASTIC IN OUR HOME, FINDING BETTER WAYS TO STORE OUR SNACKS, LEFTOVERS & NIK NAKS
- Stasher Bags I love these bags and knowing that I am no longer contributing to the plastic problem in our world. So much plastic is around us, polluting our water, littering mother nature & I want to be a part of the solution. These bags are so easy to use, clean and have available for anything you’d like to put inside.
- 100% PURE NON-TOXIC PLATINUM SILICONE: the world’s first fully functional, self-sealing, non-plastic bag. Plus unlike traditional plastic bags, Stasher bags contain no BPA, no PVC, and no latex. Keep your food safe from contaminants in Stasher bags!
- JOIN THE PLASTIC FREE MOVEMENT: created in response to the profound need for a healthy alternative to plastic storage.
- PINCH-LOCK SEAL: features the innovative air-tight, pinch-lock seal to keep food fresh to store, marinade, and sous vide. Keep your food’s nutrients, flavors, and juices locked in. Just burp your Stasher to remove excess air and pinch the Seal closed!
- DISHWASHER AND MICROWAVE SAFE: platinum food-grade silicone is safe for use in the freezer, microwave, dishwasher, boiling water, and oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
18. TAKING BIG DEEP BREATHS, FILLING MY LUNGS & MY BODY WITH AIR I FEEL GOOD ABOUT.
- AirDoctor This year has been all about keeping ourselves healthy and well. Cleaning our homes, washing our hands, covering our nose and mouth & staying a good distance away from others. It has been a year of worrying about what was on surfaces and especially the air we were breathing. Aside from the virus, we also had some BIG fires all over the world that caused our air to be polluted with smoke, ash and so much more. We invested in the Airdoctor to help us breathe a bit easier and know that the air within our home was clean. I have seen a difference in so many areas but especially with the quality of my sleep. Go check out all the Airdoctor has to offer & receive 15% off while you are there!
19. PERIOD CARE MADE THE WAY IT SHOULD BE…. NON-TOXIC, CLEAN, SUSTAINABLE & AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE!
Saalt Cup I started using a period cup a couple of years ago. I think like most, period care, toxic products, sustainability wasn’t talked about when we were taught about periods. I know that for me I was handed a little bag filled with a pad, tampon, some information about periods, reproductive cycle, etc. That was it, nothing more, no talk about what you are putting inside your body and the toxins that could be included. I personally think this needs to be updated, more information included & better education on the products used. I personally will never go back to traditional period products, now that I know what I know, I just can’t. I’m so excited for you to learn more about healthier period options & you can find it all at Saalt.
Saalt just dropped their new period care line & I am Obsessed! The feel of the material is so soft and feels lovely on your skin. You can see the care and passion that was put into every detail of these items. They offer hipsters, high waisted, brief, bikini, and thong. There is an option for everyone and so many colors to choose from too! Get your hands on a pair or two today!
20. PEACE OF MIND KNOWING YOU ARE CLEANING YOUR HOME WITH CLEAN, NON-TOXIC PRODUCTS!
- Branch Basics This year has been a year of cleaning, disinfecting, making sure that we all are staying healthy and well. I personally wanted to make sure that all this cleaning wasn’t adding harmful chemicals, toxins, and hormone disruptors to my home. It is something that isn’t talked about much but should be. We need to be looking at the ingredients in our cleaning products just like we do with the food we eat. It impacts our bodies, our mindset, and our overall health. If you do one thing today, I challenge you to look at the products you use & the ingredients they are made of.
21. THE BEST ALARM CLOCK IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING WITH THE TIME CHANGE & INCREASED DARKNESS:
- Sunrise & Sunset Alarm Clock This alarm clock has been a game-changer for me since daylight savings time. I am the type of person that loves the sun waking me up in the morning and squeezing every ounce of light in at the end of the day. I am a winter wonderland lover but the decreased sunlight really isn’t my favorite, if I am being honest with you. This alarm clock gradually brightens as the time ticks by, paired with natural sounds to peacefully wake you from slumber. It has so many bells and whistles I want to make sure you realize just how cool this clock is!
– Wake Up Light with Sunrise simulation.
– Dual Alarm Clock & Snooze supported.
– 7 Color Light & 20 Brightness Adjustable.
– FM Radio & 7 Alarm Sounds.
-Night Light & Bedside Lamp.
22. THE CUTEST, SWEETEST, BEST PUP I COULD HAVE EVER ASKED FOR:
Finley This little Wirehaired Pointing Griffon pup secured my heart the moment I laid eyes on him. He seriously is the snuggliest, dreamiest, best puppy I could have ever asked for. This is my husband and I’s first dog together and I have to admit I think we picked a good one. He has brought so much love, joy, and adventure to our lives, and now I couldn’t even imagine it without him. We have only had him for 2 months and I seriously can’t wait for all the memories we will make and the laughter he will bring.
That’s a wrap my friend! I hope you have loved this little sneak peek into what I have been loving during 2020. 22 products that have helped me keep my home, my body and my skin clean and healthy. Products that have filled my tummy and fueled my day. Finishing off with one handsome Fin who has filled my heart with love and joy!